Swine flu is a respiratory disease caused by H1N1- INFLUENZA VIRUS.
It infects the respiratory tract and is known to be easily transmitted by air from one to another.
EARLY SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
NAUSEA, VOMITING & DIARRHOEA
RESPIRATORY DISTRESS AND DISORGANIZED BEHAVIOUR.
The patients develop full blown symptoms in about 4 days of contacting swine flu virus.
THE VIRUS AFFECTS:-
-VERY YOUNG AND VERY OLD PERSONS
-PERSONS SUFFERING FROM ASTHAMA OR OTHER RESPIRATORY AILMENTS
Stay away from crowded places in case of an epidemic
Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water
Use alcohol based hand sanitizer
Stay away from patients suffering from Flu.
Influenza A(H1n1) is also called as Swine flu is highly contagious. Swine flu is an acute respiratory disorder.
• Transmission takes place where particles of the virus release through coughs and sneezes are breathed in .
• Below are some useful tips to avoid the swine flu.
• Please cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Use disposable masks in airports, crowded markets.
• Please wash your hands with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
• Please try to avoid close contract with sick people.
• Please always maintain high levels of personal hygiene, especially before and after food preparation and in & out of toilets.
• Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
• Don’t Shake hands or hug in greeting
• Don’t spit in public
• Don’t take medicines without consulting a physician
• Don’t Visit people if you are sick. PLEASE limit contact with others as much as possible.
• Physician will prescribe the Anti-Viral drugs and medicine that act directly o viruses to stop them from multiplying.
• Plenty of fluid intake and ample rest is advised.